Monday, May 2, 2011

Semester Favorites...

Reflections: 

As we are coming to the end of Educational Technology here at K-State, we are in our final reflections. Here are some of my final reflections about this course:

I'll admit I came into this class thinking I knew a lot about technology and computers and general, but I was proven that I could learn even more! This class has really opened my eyes about the use of technology in the classroom and I've gained so many new resources, tools, ideas from this semester and as a result would like to share these with you.

One resource we used from the very get-go is www.delicious.com .


This was a way to save and access all of your bookmarks from any computer with internet access. Here is a link to my Delicious.   I really enjoyed bookmarking all the cool websites I used and found this semester here in my Ed Tech class, and now have them archived for future use in my own classroom. How great is that?!? :)

Another resource I really really like that I had heard about prior to this class, but never really checked into it is www.animoto.com .  This is basically a website in which you can make free 30 second videos using any picture and any music.  It is really simple to use and I've found myself using it to make videos in my content area and about myself, and one about culture for a future lesson plan. Here they are:

About Me:

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

My Content Area/ESL- English as a Second Language:

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Culture:

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.


Also, here are some other resources that I learned about this semester that I LOVE!!! :)

-Glogster -basically a site for making online interactive posters! So much fun!
 also, you can go to the right side of the page and then create an educational account...

Here is a Glogster I did:

-Wordle- A word cloud website, Here's a wordle I did about me:



-Tagxedo - Another word cloud website, Here is an example of a Tagxedo in the shape of a star about ESL:


-Prezi- the "new powerpoint", this website is pure genius! It's a new way of presenting in which you can collaborate with others, it's basically a large canvas and you can create a path for the presentation to follow.

Here is an example of a Prezi I made with my Ed Tech class about Hybrid Cars:


Overall, these are all great resources that I loved using, Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment